Estate Plan preparation
Basic Will(s), Continuing Powers of Attorney for Personal Care and Continuing Powers of Attorney for Property, a Health Care Directive, Escrow Directions for security, a personalized Executor’s Instruction Sheet for your named executor(s), an electronic & hardcopy set of all documents, a comprehensive & detailed reporting letter, all Affidavits of Witness for all documents & a set of laminated wallet cards containing Personal Powers of Attorney information.
What to consider and bring with you for your Estate Planning Consultation:
- Full name of the person and back-up person(s) you wish to name as executor(s)
- Full name of the person and back-up person(s) you wish to name as an attorney(s) for financial decisions (POA) in the event that you become incapacitated
- Full name of the person and back-up person(s) you wish to name as attorney(s) medical decisions (POA) in the event that you become incapacitated
- If you have minor children: the full name of the person(s) you wish to appoint as guardian(s) (Do you have children with special needs?)
- If you were married: bring a copy of the Separation Agreement, Court Order and/or the Certificate of Divorce
- If you own real estate: if possible, bring a copy of the title deed or know how you hold title to the property. (Do you own property outside of Ontario? A cottage? Property abroad?)
- Create a list of who you named as beneficiaries on documents such as RRSPs, bank accounts, investments, pensions, life insurance plans etc.
- Copies of any prepaid funeral arrangements, burial, idea of last wishes (i.e. cremation)
- Full addresses and contact particulars for all persons named above